What is Heritage Volunteering?
Heritage Volunteers are members of The Arts Society who give their time to help preserve our heritage. They have commitment & enthusiasm, the ability to work as part of a team, and enjoy making friends!
And of course learning new skills and expertise----Heritage Volunteers receive relevant training from professional conservators, advisors and curators.
London Area and Heritage Volunteers
Some examples are:-
• conservation of books, manuscripts, archives and maps
• cataloguing documents and archival listing
• documentation of objects including listing and transcribing
• conservation of Metalwork. Cleaning and cataloguing arms and armour, medals and military silver
• preventative conservation of textiles. Replica work, creation of period costumes and methods of storage
• guiding - for all types of groups
• stewarding - in museums, historic houses or gardens
• gardens - research and recording
If you would like to know more contact this e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for information about London Area Heritage Volunteering or talk to your Society
Or look at the website www.theartssociety.org